Hey everyone, welcome to my site! I’m Squiddy, but most people in real-life call me Ben : P
The purpose of this site is to showcase my collection of images of Transperth buses. I had a very long commute on public transport from home to uni and was always looking for new ways to pass the time (as I’m sure many others can relate!). A couple years back I started to notice all the different types of buses in Perth and created a spreadsheet to track them all! But as I got more involved with that I started to realise that I actually quite enjoyed it, and wanted to take it further!
So in late 2017 I decided to embark on this project. To photograph every single bus in Perth! It’s a challenge as there are always new ones being delivered and old ones being retired, but I’m trying my best : D
So that the site doesn’t take up a million gigabytes of WordPress storage I’m only posting one image of each bus, even though I have several images for most buses on here (I usually post the best one, but I make exceptions for particularly unusual observations).
For enquiries, if I’ve screwed up somewhere, if you wanna send me feedback, hate mail or anything inbetween feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 28, 2018: Featured on ABC Breakfast Radio! Hit the 500 bus mark (about 30% complete) a couple days before this was recorded!
- August 17, 2018: Hit the 1000 mark! Two-thirds complete!
- December 10, 2018: 1200 buses down! More than 80% of the way there!
- February 25, 2019: Almost finished! Only 25 left to go (More than 98% of Perth’s buses photo’d and listed!
- May 8, 2019: Done!… kinda? I finally caught the elusive bugger 2132, the last ‘old’ bus I was missing! From this point onwards the only ‘new’ additions to the site will be new deliveries, regional buses and random withdrawn NHs that pop up occasionally.
- September 18, 2019: Recognised by Transperth 😀 😀 😀
- Until Nov ’18: iPhone 6
- Nov ’18 – Apr ’19: NIKON P510 Coolpix
- Apr ’19 – present: NIKON D5600 DSLR
- Be good to each other.
- This site is non-commercial, it only exists to showcase my hobby and for informational purposes. I do not earn any income from this.
- While I’ve tried my best to ensure all information given on this site is accurate, I’m only human, and humans sometimes make mistakes.
- Any opinions expressed here are my own, I do not represent the Public Transport Authority, any bus operators, or any other entity.
- If you want to use these images for any non-commercial use you’re welcome to, but please give credit where it’s due (hence the watermarks, sorry!). If you would like non-watermarked images feel free to flick me an email (at the top of this page) and I will see what I can do!