For enquiries, if I’ve screwed up somewhere, if you wanna send me feedback, hate mail or anything inbetween feel free to send me an email at email@example.com
Hey everyone, welcome to my site! I’m Squiddy, but most people in real-life call me Ben : P
The purpose of this site is to showcase my collection of images of Transperth buses. I had a very long commute on public transport from home to uni and was always looking for new ways to pass the time (as I’m sure many others can relate!). A couple years back I started to notice all the different types of buses in Perth and created a spreadsheet to track them all! But as I got more involved with that I started to realise that I actually quite enjoyed it, and wanted to take it further!
So in late 2017 I decided to embark on this project. To photograph every single bus in Perth! It’s a challenge as there are always new ones being delivered and old ones being retired, but I’m trying my best : D
So that the site doesn’t take up a million gigabytes of WordPress storage and bankrupt me I’m only posting one image of each bus, even though I have several images for most buses on here (I usually post the best one, but I make exceptions for particularly unusual observations).
And lastly, thanks to everyone who has helped me out with this over the years (not naming names, but you know who you are!) ❤
- May 28, 2018: Featured on ABC Breakfast Radio! Hit the 500 bus mark (about 30% complete) a couple days before this was recorded!
- August 17, 2018: Hit the 1000 mark! Two-thirds complete!
- December 10, 2018: 1200 buses down! More than 80% of the way there!
- February 25, 2019: Almost finished! Only 25 left to go (More than 98% of Perth’s buses photo’d and listed!
- May 8, 2019: Done!… kinda? I finally caught the elusive bugger 2132, the last ‘old’ bus I was missing! From this point onwards the only ‘new’ additions to the site will be new deliveries, regional buses and random withdrawn NHs that pop up occasionally.
- September 18, 2019: Recognised by Transperth 😀 😀 😀
- Until Nov ’18: iPhone 6
- Nov ’18 – Apr ’19: NIKON P510 Coolpix
- Apr ’19 – present: NIKON D5600 DSLR
- Be good to each other.
- This site is non-commercial, it only exists to showcase my hobby and for informational purposes. I do not earn any income from this.
- While I’ve tried my best to ensure all information given on this site is accurate, I’m only human, and humans sometimes make mistakes.
- Any opinions expressed here are my own, I do not represent the Public Transport Authority, any bus operators, or any other related entities.
- If you want to use these images for any non-commercial use you’re welcome to, but please give credit where it’s due (hence the watermarks, sorry!). If you would like non-watermarked images feel free to flick me an email (at the top of this page) and I will see what I can do!